View Single Post
Old 10-03-2014, 07:51 PM   #2
LabCab

Default Re: Getting ready for winter storage

Well it isn't much different than any other MH. Do the water lines like you'd do / did before. I pull the rod on the HWH
(Not sure you need to I just do) after I drain it all and blow it out, I run RV antifreeze through the system. Just started to do this 3 yrs ago. Didn't want to take a chance NE winters have been bad of late. Put some AF in all the drains and in the tanks. I also make sure the tanks are empty. The washer line should have some antifreeze in it as well. I also like to take the nozel-sprayer end off the out side shower sprayer. Tjhis has worked for me so far for 6 yrs.

Just common sense things like get rid of any food stuffs that will freeze or be snacks for the critters. I also pick up some packs of "Cab Protector" they are herb pouches with rodent repellant. THEY WORK. They are for Combines etc. where the critters will go in the winter. Tractor supply or a good farm store will have them, they may be called by other names.

The Diesel is a piece of cake. Check the fluids, (put a couple cab protectors where they may want to nest) I put in some Power Serve Diesel Fuel Suppliment with the Artic Range. Helps on not having a gelling effect. Also some Deisel Stable will help too. I have a trickle charger on and the rig plugged in all the time.

I have not found any where where you can get a Cover for a Super C in the size for a SN 6362. If you find one let me know. Hope this all helps.