View Single Post
Old 04-22-2017, 01:49 PM   #2
Chuck v

Default Re: Samsung MR1032BB RV Microwave Recall

Sorry to hear about your dilemma. Not sure about the analogy to air bags it terms of "must fix at no charge to all subsequent owners" but this is serious if there is any fire danger. My coach has a Dometic microwave so I was not aware of any Samsung recall until I read your post.

There should be a separate AC breaker in the branch panel (the one downstream from all transfer switches so the microwave can run on the generator, inverter, or shore power...) For my 2007 Tour Master, it is breaker #4... At the very least, you should leave this breaker off when not actually using the microwave -- doing so will prevent any spontaneous power on events in the recalled Samsung appliance. Your travel trailer may not have a separate breaker for the microwave -- in that case unplug it (likely in a cupboard near the installed appliance) or at least leave the door ajar as recommended in the recall.

Is there an error code showing on the microwave, or is it fully functional at present? The briefest web search came up with the membrane switch on the control panel as being the defective part causing the 'spontaneous start' and it is part number EAP4224583 and should cost less than $25 or so...you can replace it yourself with guidance from YouTube videos if you are the least bit handy.

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote