View Single Post
Old 03-20-2018, 05:14 PM   #12
aaronschiada

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimTim View Post
The EGR is a direct bolt on. The oil cooler requires some fabrication, but it is minimal.

I did the EGR, HPOP snap-to-connect (STC) update kit and oil cooler all at the same time. In addition I installed a EGT probe while working on the engine.

I have not been able to locate anybody to do an ECM upgrade. I hove spoken to many people that said they could. But once they figured out the engine already had 300hp they said there was nothing they could do. However I just posted on a company called Hypermax Engineering. Hypermax offers a true programmer for the VT365's and I am going to try one of these as soon as the wife gives me the ok to spend the money.

Tim
I guess I want to know what all those additions do for the motor? Again, I’m not a diesel guy...I can talk blower motors all day long...just not up to speed on diesels. I’m also told that the motor is actually rated at 250HP...not 300. Rob told me to talk to ECM Performance. I called them and they do the ECM reprogram. It’s $3200 from them. But they say if you are going for more HP, they recommend you delete or shut off the EGR, and install an exhaust temp gauge.
aaronschiada is offline   Reply With Quote