View Single Post
Old 03-20-2018, 06:16 PM   #13
SlimTim

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronschiada View Post
I guess I want to know what all those additions do for the motor? Again, I’m not a diesel guy...I can talk blower motors all day long...just not up to speed on diesels. I’m also told that the motor is actually rated at 250HP...not 300. Rob told me to talk to ECM Performance. I called them and they do the ECM reprogram. It’s $3200 from them. But they say if you are going for more HP, they recommend you delete or shut off the EGR, and install an exhaust temp gauge.
The Bullet Proof Diesel EGR does nothing for the engine other than provide better reliability. If the stock EGR cooler ruptures you will start to consume engine coolant, possibly produce white smoke out the exhaust, overheat the engine and if the rupture is really bad you may even hydraulically lock up the engine.

The HPOP clip does nothing for the engine other than provide better reliability. The stock clip that holds the High Pressure Oil Pump (HPOP) oil outlet pipe in place can become detached. This allows the oil tube to back out and the HPOP is not able to build up oil pressure. Once this happens the engine will not start or is very hard to start.

The Bullet Proof Diesel oil cooler does nothing for the engine other than provide better reliability. The VT365/6.0 use a oil to water cooler. On the oil side, hot oil comes up from the engine oil pump and enters the cooler to reduce the oil temperature. The cooled oil then leaves the cooler and enters the HPOP. From the HPOP the oil gets directed to the turbo as well as the fuel injectors. On the water side water passes through the cooler to cool the oil and then into the EGR cooler. Unfortunately if the water side of the oil cooler becomes plugged it can cause multiple issues. 1 - once the water side of the cooler becomes plugged there is limited coolant going to the EGR cooler. With insufficient coolant going to the EGR cooler the cooler tubes get to hot and rupture. 2 - The exhaust gases passing through the cooler or not cooled sufficiently possibly causing other issues within the engine. 3 - The oil passing through the cooler is not cooled sufficiently. This causes superheated oil to enter the HPOP, turbo and injectors causing failures in all three of these components. If I recall correctly the HPOP puts out around 3000 psi so it is important to keep the oil going into the pump at the lowest operating temperature. The Bullet Proof Diesel oil cooler replaces the water to oil cooler with a air to oil cooler. This allows the oil entering the HPOP to stay at a much lower temperature as well as maintains a constant flow of coolant to the EGR cooler.

I am not sure what to say about the HP rating other than the GS Supernova brochure states 300hp, the International spec sheet with torque and HP curves show 300hp and when I go to International and they look up my engine they come back with a 300hp VT365 engine. However unless somebody wants to put their RV on a dyno we wont know for sure.
SlimTim is offline   Reply With Quote