View Single Post
Old 09-29-2019, 11:37 AM   #3
Mountain Boomer

Default Slide-Out blues

I share your slide-out pain. I have a 2001 Class A Conquest. A few years ago I was traveling down US HWY 281 and noticed that the bedroom slide was creeping out! It got about 12" out before I could find a suitable place to park. I have learned much about the DeWald hydraulic slide system. The most important thing to know is that DeWald went out of business many years ago. Their parts were bout by Lippert, who has been selling them without much technical representation. They and everything else involving the system are expensive and very few people around the country even understand them. I found this company to be the most knowledgeable. Custom Cylinders, Int'l, 859-744-5544.
The first thing I can tell you is to make sure that the broken safety switch wires that were broken at your captain's chair are not creating a short. The next thing is to check all of your fuses (everywhere) for bad ones. There should be one or two at the inverter panel and one inline fuse under the canopy.
Make sure that you verify all wiring and connections before you start pulling things apart, and if you do make any physical changes, take reliable photos before you start.
I have attached a DeWald manual to assist.
Happy Trails, my friend.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 11486_Dewald-Hydraulic-Leveling-System-Manual.pdf (947.4 KB, 12 views)
Mountain Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote