View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 09:25 PM   #2
Nanaeve

Default Leaking freshwater pump

Our 2009 Endura has the pump located under the cabinets (6341) in the bedroom just above the tank. I'm going (If I ever get it back from GS) put it in a tray and drain it out by the tank. I've heard they have a high failure rate and one of the first things I plan on doing is get a spare, nothing like no running water, and have it all ready to just plug and play. I'm a retired Biomedical Engineer and have spent 35 years working in the Hospital field and have always been a "What If?" thinker and need to get out of that or our unit will be full of spare everything. In the cabinet, enclosing it with just a cardboard box made a real difference in what little noise there was, but still enough to hear. Mixed thoughts on making it too guiet as a failure of the demand switch would allow it to run on and drain the tank, perhapes a time switch that limited the run time would prevent it from happening. Any one have any thoughts?