View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 06:20 PM   #3
GizmoJax

Default Re: Need Sewer Hookup Ideas

I went thru this same issue when I bought my FEMA trailer. That picture shows 1/3 of the solution. As the 2nd poster points out, the 4 posts mate up with a flexible sewer hose available at any RV supplier. The square flange with the four corner holes are there because what is pictured is one side of a modular gate valve. You buy the valve with the 4 bolts, one of these "hook up to hose" sides, and for the other side you buy a "glue onto pipe" side, choosing the right size for your trailer's pipe. Very easy, very inexpensive. Glue the pipe side to the pipe, let the glue set, bolt the valve between the two sides, and not only have you converted your trailer to standard RV fittings, but you have a shutoff valve that will help you avoid costly and embarrassing fines when you drive down the road mindlessly dribbling um, toxic waste! I'm not a lawyer, and salespeople often say things to make a sale, but EVERY PLACE I WENT told me that, if you had a sewage source (your toilet), you were required to have a positive shutoff. ie, a valve.
The only real trick is knowing the pipe outside diameter so you buy the right size valve and adapters.
GizmoJax is offline   Reply With Quote