View Single Post
Old 11-15-2006, 07:31 PM   #4
mfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ82much
I have 3 drains on my Class A... (no reason to think your's is different though).

On both sides of the water pump there is a Tee in the line. One leg on each tee goes down thru the bottom of the compartment to drain outside. Each of these lines has a small, plastic, circular ball valve.

Also, in my water & waste-dump compartment is a small plastic blade-type valve (in corner near the water inlet) that also goes thru the compartment floor to drain.

You can drain your water tank (to the ground outside) in short order by opening that downstream drain & turning the pump on (all faucets off so not to fill your waste tanks).
I've been draining my tank with a valve on a drainline that comes right from the tank. It's extremely slow, however -- just a trickle. Takes overnight to drain the tank. I thought it was because the drainline has a 90-degree elbow hose in it that looks like it is nearly collapsed because the hose is a bit too long for the elbow.

I do remember two other drain valves nearby. I thought I was told they came from the water heater and the "lowest level" of the piping. You're saying that one of them is a quick way to drain the tank? Is it trial-and-error or is there a way to tell which one to use? [I'm thinking it might not be wise to drain the hot water heater and run the risk of having too little water in it when the propane lights next usage.]
mfa is offline   Reply With Quote