View Single Post
Old 02-02-2019, 04:57 AM   #2
Flower

We recently bought a 2018 Vista 19BFD and we are liking it more as time goes by. We were in your situation wasn't sure of the quality and reports in the past of axles bending on earlier models, we were a little cautious in buying the Vista. But now that we have it and made some changes to it we are very happy with it. We have had three other campers all had fiberglass roofs and that is what we wanted stay with but wanted a larger camper.The quality of all campers is not the best by my experience but the Vista or Visa I think is average perhaps a little better than most.We replaced the small plastic sink with a larger stainless steel sink and was surprised the counter top was constructed using plywood instead of MDF like our past two campers. Being a woodworker I think that is a big advantage having the plywood instead of MDF. We have a neighbor down the road with a 2013 Visa with a double axle and a slide and bunk beds and they are happy with theirs and they said it has held up well with no problems.With the axles there has been some with problems in the past, I called the manufacture and they said that has been fixed. I don't know if the 2012 you are looking at has or had a axle problem. I would find out the strength of the axle the weight capacity and check the cargo capacity of the camper. Gulfstream should have a label somewhere on the camper giving the cargo capacity. I think that was the problem with the earlier Vista's they put a low rated axle on them with very little cargo capacity and the axles were bending not able to support the weight when campers were loaded with cargo.
Flower is offline   Reply With Quote