Thread: Battery
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2009, 09:09 AM   #8
river

Rdlamb I?m glad you stepped in and jogged my memory, at my age I write things down but forget about it. The trailer is across the state in storage but my notes are with me and this is what I found last spring. Lets back up for a moment, I don?t like the battery gauge supplied with the trailer so I built my own and the readings when I check them at the source is with a Fluke that I trust. When plugged in over night I get a reading of 13.37 plugged in, when I disconnect the power I get 12.57. With the on board generator running after they have drained the batteries show 13.36 running after 15 min. the batteries show 12.40. More background; we use to have a normal tv running on a 300w inverter and we never worried about running out of battery juice for 4 days now we have a LCD and an 80w inverter and get one day/night. As you can see we spend alot to time looking into this issue. One night I plugged the car into the trailer using the car connection and it the morning we had to walk two miles to get a battery charge for our tow vehicle. (a great morning for a walk we were lucky) I was just looking to see if this was a common thing with the 2006 models of If I got a mystery to solve. Thanks for the input some times it helps to have several heads working.
river is offline   Reply With Quote