View Single Post
Old 08-30-2014, 01:24 PM   #3
Chuck v

Default Re: 2009 Constellation 45G

I walked through a Constellation earlier this year when I was having some roof cleaning and detailing work done on my own Tour Master 40C at a local shop. To my taste the curved cabinetry and the wood used are something I would not choose -- guess I prefer more traditional finishes and looks. The driver's station was very well laid out and fully featured (wish I had side cameras on my coach...) My present Mercedes engine suites my sense of economy and unhurried driving style, but that big Cummins should move things along nicely. I have not owned a tag axle unit, but was involved in the design of a commercial demo coach for my company one time that was built on a IH45 Prevost chassis and it of course had the tag. I did not drive it on the road (our company insurance demanded a professional driver.)

The Constellation is not that much longer than your 40A, so if you are already dealing with bypassing parks and facilities that have an "under 40" length limit you won't find much difference.

It's all a matter of taste and preference -- if you like it, want it and can afford it then go for it. At let us know what you think of it when you do the walk-through...

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote