View Single Post
Old 09-02-2014, 08:33 PM   #5
howermj

Default Re: 2009 Constellation 45G

Thanks for the insights, all. CW is asking far, far too much for it, but they sure have been forthcoming with my requests for pictures. If you want to see more, go here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/anf0p1yrv...R49iD0ZJa?dl=0

Initial impressions:

I'm bummed that the Murphy Bed is gone. Since I use my coach for work, I wanted to turn the theater room into a nice office. I'm trying to get original plans for it, and I'll see how hard it would be to change it out.

Coleman vs Dometic A/Cs on the roof. I'm sure either would be fine, but the Coleman basement air in my 06TM has left a bad taste in my mouth. Both my roof units are Dometic, as were the units on my Scenic Cruiser, and I never had a problem with any of them.

CCC is incredible...at least on the weights placard. I can't wait to see real 4 corner weights.

Less storage above the kitchen area. DW won't be happy. This is now where they mounted all the electronics. (I can identify the multiplex controller, and Coleman thermostat, but not the other two items. Any thoughts?)

Shelves in cabinets are NOT carpeted. That's a huge surprise to me, as every other GS I've seen has carpeted cabinets. Easy to remedy, just surprising.

No oven. Not that I use it much, but it was a selling point for my DW. Looks like lots of storage added in its place, however.

No pull out tray rack under the sink (like my 06 TM).

DW is missing the 22 cu. ft. residential fridge already.

The power system is confusing. While the literature says it has 2-12v chassis, 2-12v house, and 4-6v inverter batteries, one of the pictures seems to indicate only 2-12v chassis and 6-6v house batteries. Also, the 6v batteries are moved from under the front "hood" to a side compartment. (I wonder what's under the hood...?)

Finally, and most surprising, there seems to be less under bay storage than in my 06. While I get more CCC, I'm likely to be at a loss for volume. Interesting.

I'm expecting another set of pictures tomorrow. Will post them when I get them. Open to any insights or comments before I go to visit....

v/r
MJH
howermj is offline   Reply With Quote