View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 09:45 AM   #6
nemo45

Send a message via Yahoo to nemo45
Default Re: Basement A/C/Heat Pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayChez
That is news to me that Gulf Stream had TourMasters with air conditioner/heat pump on a compartment type unit. I thought that was a Winnie design to put the ac in a rear compartment. On the Gulf Stream club I used to belong there was some TourMasters but they originally had two top ac with heat pumps on the roof. Then they had some problems with them not cooling enough so Gulf Stream added a third unit.
I don't know exactly where the basement A/C unit is and neither does he. He hasn't had it very long and its his first motorhome. I've seen pictures of his unit with the compartments open and I didn't see any difference between his and mine as far as what's in the compartments. So, the A/C unit must be mounted on the frame somewhere. I have seen a basement unit serviced on a fifthwheel and they had to get at it from underneath. They basically had to remove it to work on it. I have two 15,000 BTU units on the roof and they do a fine job of keeping the coach cool. They are noisy though. Also, have a friend that had a Winnebago with a basement unit and that did have a problem keeping up when it got much above 90deg. Some larger coaches that have basement units have two of them.
nemo45 is offline   Reply With Quote