View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 11:47 PM   #8
Chuck v

Default Re: Basement A/C/Heat Pump

Art,

Several years ago I commissioned a commercial 45 foot coach from Vantare' in Florida based on a Prevost I-45. It had three "cruise-aire" basement units and those were indeed quiet and powerful air conditioner/heat pumps. Because this coach was our company demonstration lab/conference room/training center and had two full racks of electronics, several servers, fiber and VDSL distribution units as well as multiple Sun mini-computers -- we also had a roof air conditioner over the equipment racks just to cool the space behind the equipment.

You can see this coach in my last post in this thread... note that in addition to all the above described characteristics, it was also a rolling advertisement billboard for the company! Since one of the site updates, the photo got a bit shaved on the right side but you still can get the idea. Yes -- that's a fully automated ENG style 1.5 meter dish on top with full GPS/Flux Gate positioning and uplink/downlink capability. It could seek to any satellite from horizon to horizon for ANY of the primary network feeds, not the re-packagers like Dish and DirecTV.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2083&start=15

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote