View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 12:06 AM   #4
schmittm

Default Re: 6400 and Problems with the Big Slide

I have had to bring my slide in twice from the board going out. I would suggest that you carry two short 6-9" pipe wrenches, a punch or climb under your coach and find out what the biggest allen wrench that will fit in the hole on the motor shaft (about 1/4in). The two slide motors have a shaft that comes out and you have to be able to get a pipe wrench or I used a metal punch that fit in the whole and then put socket with a long handle on it for leverage in order to turn the motor manually. This is a pain and will take some time, you have to release the motor break, (make it easier on yourself and raise the side with the slide up in the air to help tilt slide in), then you can only go a couple of turns before you have to lock the motor, then go to the other motor and do the same thing there. If you have two strong people it would go faster. The motor in front is easy to get to, the one that is at the back of the slide is real fun, you have to climb under coach and then reach up and in to from rails by rear tires.

If you go on line to Powergear website you can print manuals for slides and jacks for our coaches. Good to have with you, http://www.powergearus.com/navi/technical-documents

Good luck and I hope you don't have to partake of this ritual.