View Single Post
Old 09-19-2014, 10:30 AM   #8
RayChez1

Default Re: leveling a 2003 Friendship 8408 with Dewald Manual Syste

I do not use any leveling blocks or composition blocks under the wheels. My coach is equipped with the Quadra levelers by Big Foot. So these jacks operate individually if you so desire and the base plate is big to where it gives a good platform.

What I do when I arrive to destination, lets say an RV park. I dump the air on the air bags. I then extend the two front levelers until they make contact with the ground and lift just a couple of inches on each side. I then extend the two rear levelers until they also make contact with the ground. I then look at the bubble devices and see which leveler has to extend more to level the coach. Start with the side leveling, then the longitudinal leveling. Just watch the bubbles. I also check the French door to the bedroom to see that it opens and closes right. That will also tell you if your rear end part of the coach is level or not, how it swings when you open and close it.

It is a very easy process leveling once you get used to it.

The reason why I dump the air off the airbags is because it gives you more travel on the levelers to adjust, and also the step will not be so high for entering and getting off the coach.

Hope that helps you on how to level your coach.
RayChez
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote