Thread: Roof Leak
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2019, 11:54 AM   #5
Sudsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt_Bill_USMC View Post
Hello!

I have a small roof leak right over the master bedroom of my coach. The roof was just redone last summer, but by the previous owner in another state.

This leak just started. I know where it is located, just need to fix it and move on. What items do I need to get to repair it? Will flex seal work? Or is there a better product?

Thanks in advance!

Bill;

What is mounted on the roof over the bedroom. On my coach the only thing up there is the Air Conditioner unit. I don't have a vent inthe bedroom.If it's just like mine the suspect is the air conditioner. If you remove the interior trim. not just the filter door but the entire plastic face plate. Under there you will find fopur bolts that hold the AC down. Make sure these are tight. I have seen some that vibrate loose. I had a small leak around a vent and tried a bunch of stuff to fix it. I just got a 50 ft.roll ofEternsbond to reseal the front and rear caps on top and the vents and the bathroom skylight over the shower.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I got a 1 1\2 inch PVC pipe coupling to use as a roller to apply the eternabond.

Sudsy

If all else fails a can of Flex Spray clear can get in places that would take a lot of time to get to.