View Single Post
Old 12-12-2017, 09:26 AM   #14
aaronschiada

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansteenburg View Post
I've got a factory installed ladder and have mixed reviews of it. There's weight limits to the ladder, besides all the extra maintenance (keeping it caulked and sealed) with the mountings. I'd rather have a unit without an external ladder, and invest in a nice 12' or longer ladder. The once or twice a year isn't worth the extra hassel of the maintenance and limits.

Also, cleaning around the ladder after a long trip or just after a few weeks outside, is a pain. Brushes have a hard time around the thing, so a lot of times it's a bucket and hand wipe around those areas.

Most of the time cleaning the roof, I've worked from a ladder since the roof gets real slick when you get washing it. I use pads on the ladder to lean against the side, and work it like I do around my house roof - widen it's footprint to minimize impact to the material it's leaning against.
Ya...i guess the ladder does have its pros and cons. i guess ive just always thought about if im on a trip and needed to get on the roof and i dont have the ladder...then im up **** creek...haha. plus when i take it to storage, putting a cover on is that much easier. but it does look cleaner without it. hm i guess we will see. thank you for the response.
aaronschiada is offline   Reply With Quote