View Single Post
Old 07-30-2018, 01:20 PM   #7
Washington travler

I read a little about the fuel pressure from the mechanical fuel pump. Seems they do not specifically recommend gauge due to injector pump overheating but the general theory is more pressure the better to a point. Several people wire a electric in series to increase pressure due to turbo requirements and cooling of injector pump. I will probably go that route with a fuel pressure gauge. Small expense to not get stranded or premature wear due to low fuel pressure.

The dowel pin deal really worries me, Did some research last night it is only from 1-2 percent of coaches have an undersized pin. May just to have piece of mind do the fix. I looked at some of the devastating results. I do not believe the motor coach are that susceptible to it falling as they are driven much different that trucks. IE no hot rodding or quick stop and starts.

Quite a good inspection. How much does Cummings charge per hour of labor? Need to run mine in if I can afford it. I am capable of doing my own work but it is much easier to let the pros do it.

Thanks for the info:

Jim
Washington travler is offline   Reply With Quote