View Single Post
Old 07-30-2018, 03:19 PM   #10
CoachStreamr

Quote:
Originally Posted by xwhyz1959 View Post
Holy cow!! What did all that set you back? How many miles on this at the time?

Bought w/60K from 2nd owner (since 2004). He came from Nevada to Washington a few years back, he had Pac brake installed and also a radiator cooling sprinkler system installed. He towed a lot and in the hot climates going up elevation, would run pretty warm. That sprinkler took care of that he says. Have all the records going back including from the 1st owner who paid $176K new, from the Invoice. Second Owner is one of the top guys with Homeland Security / Air Marshals here in Western Washington (I confirmed this before meeting). Great guy, they bought their retirement house on the Washington Coast last year and no longer will be traveling with a RV, thought we paid a fair price, taking in account the service I wanted done. Second owner did updates that we would have done - replaced carpet with laminate through out, custom cabinet up front with flatscreen and the one in the bedroom. Newer Toyos (3-4 years old) all around. He added the Travel'r Dish and other things.

We bought the Coach and offered/paid with many of these things in mind. Our budget was $35K but we offered/paid less than 1/2 of that for the Coach.

I wanted to replace all belts, all hoses, oil change, radiator flush etc. That was around
$1500-$1600 if I remember correctly.

The Propane tank mount was cracked so I thought that could be fixed but in the end, no one would fix it (citing liability issues). Had to replace that and it's a big tank. That was one thing I didn't price correct, thought it would be $200 or so - was more like $1400 to replace with a new Manchester tank (another company in Oly next to Cummins did that). Regulator was replaced as well (original setup had 2 regulators, replaced with a high capacity regulator) and I had them clean up /paint that bin where the tank is located (while the tank was removed).

Cummins did replace all 4 shocks (2 were hanging) and I got new old stock off ebay.

When I picked the Coach up, the new belt(s) was noisy, they thought that would settle down. Two weeks later, still very noisy so I brought it back. The tensioner was replaced and at that time the same tech that did the inspection the first time found a blowout in the exhaust manifold. Removing that, there was also a blowout in the turbo, I looked at both parts and both blowouts were clear. They covered the tensioner and labor at no cost and we paid about $2400 (parts / labor) for the new exhaust manifold and turbo kit (this Coach has a exhaust temp gauge so they drilled for that as well).

I priced the manifold and turbo kit for parts (various places) myself and they weren't cheap just to buy the parts - I think they were very fair with us.

I spoke to Spartan (several times) to get the right coolant system hoses, there is more than one configuration for our specific engine. That did take a little time and I landed up ordering some of these hoses myself to save money (no need for Cummins markup). I have some new extra hose(s) left and I have the old hoses that I will keep for backup (and will keep in the basement storage).

Shocks were about $225 for all 4 and I bought some hoses. Cummins didn't have any problem with me supplying parts for them to install when and if needed. I dealt with William

She runs so smooth and quiet now.

I highly recommend Cummins NW in Oly, dealing with William.

Still want to have the Allison transmission fluid changed/serviced but I am going to do the fluid analysis first thru JG Labs

https://www.jglubricantservices.com/online_store.html

Cummins could do that but I was goign to use Brazel's RV Performance in Centralia (Highly rated) but may go to the actual Allison Distributor in Kent (I think it was Kent), seem to be a little cheaper for actual TranSynd (Brazel's uses another approved one), which is what I want to convert to in our Allison MD3060.

Also, Cummins doesn't do any hydraulics there, I have one leveler sticking so I will probably have Brazel's look at that. Cummins can do all the other Chassis stufff though, they tracked down and repairs a couple of leaks in our air-ride system (during 1st visit).

Thinking of having a Safe-T Plus Steering Stablizer installed with Brazel's unless I select the Roadmaster reflex, Roadmaster factory is down south about a 1 1/2 - 2 hour drive only.

Brazel's could look at/repair the sticking leveler, do transmission service and Safe-T Plus or Roadmaster.

1995 36' Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser (Model #8360) on 1995 Spartan EC-2442 Chassis w/Air Ride | Cummins B5.9L 12V 230hp | Allison MD3060 6-Speed WTEC II
CoachStreamr is offline   Reply With Quote