View Single Post
Old 09-23-2018, 12:08 PM   #1
Banjo

Default Replacing Water Pump

I am looking for some suggestions on replacing a water on a Vintage Cruiser 2019 19-RBS. The water pump is very noisy. In talking with Gulf Stream, it was recommended to install insulation around the water pipes and to replace the Flojet (model 0352614) with SHURFlo 4008. The insulation didn’t improve the situation so I bought the SHURFlo pump.

The space in the compartment under the sink is very tight. I was able to remove the Flojet and started to install the SHURFlo when I realized that the new pump is slightly large than the Flojet. The holes for the screws don’t line up nor does one of the water connections. I was able to add a hose connector so the only issue is putting in the new screws. I put all four screws into the rubber bracket on the SHURFlo and set into place in the compartment where I can easily unscrew it in the future. The screws only penetrate about a 1/4 inch! I took my drill put it didn’t make a dent. The flooring must be made of a stronger material. Any suggestions on how to make new holes in the flooring for the water pump?

Tho.an
Banjo is offline   Reply With Quote