View Single Post
Old 08-07-2018, 07:49 PM   #24
Chuck v

Restorium,

Good point about the power fluctuations -- and the subject of a couple of upgrades that I have done here in my coach. I have replaced the main transfer switch with one that also incorporates a surge protector...this has a higher rating than those units you put in line at the pedestal where you plug in your shore power cord, and it is not subject to theft or to forgetting to use it. I also upgraded my inverter to a pure sine wave Magnum unit which is better for electronics and for non-resistive loads like motors. Of course my original equipment fridge had been running on the old systems for several years before these upgrades, so no way to know how much of a factor that may have been in the temperature regulation issues experienced to date.

One thing for sure -- I never let the inverter fully discharge the 4 golf cart batteries that run it when it is providing power when the coach is off shore power and the diesel generator is not running as that could be the equivalent of a power 'brown-out' in terms of proper system AC voltage.

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote