View Single Post
Old 04-09-2018, 04:09 AM   #2
Serge

Send a message via MSN to Serge

Hi Steve

I owned an 2018 Ameri-Lite 199DD which is in my opinion a starter in that world and I faced the same problems.
The drain of the sink and the shower were not tight and the water started to flow on the floor on our first camping trip.
The delay for the repair was too long with our dealer and the camping season here in Cananada is too short to wait for repair, even if it's under warranty.

So I disassembled all the walls of the shower, bathtub and sink, redo all caulking joints.
In addition, the edge of the bath had no support, so I had to add a piece of framing.
I took the opportunity to stick the walls with silicone because they used just nails off course !!!
I think you need to have good skills to own a trailer and whatever the price you put in it. My parents own a big motor home $$$$ and they have similar problems.

I chose my trailer for the price, it's my first one and I'm lucky because I worked for a manufacturer of yactchs for several years, so I know how to do right and fix things. I don't think Gulf Stream is bad, I think it's a problem for all manufacturers.
I think the employees have to go fast and that's the biggest problem. Just watch the videos on the Net...
If I had to build a million dollars yatch at this speed, it would have given the same result.

I wonder if Gulf Stream read the messages of their customers on this forum ???

I am really sorry for all your problems and I hope you enjoy your trailer.

Best regards!
Serge is offline   Reply With Quote