View Single Post
Old 11-07-2018, 11:52 AM   #3
psdtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudsy View Post
OK;

Lift up the bed. My coach has a warning that the under bed area is not a storage area. My Converter is under the bed too. There is a "shear pin" in the gear that attaches to the motor. You will need to get the old one out. My coach is not here so I can't send pictures. The pin can be replaced with a brass screw or a cotter pin of the correct diameter. After you get the old one out of course. I found a cotter key in mine when I got the coach. My electric room would bind and even though it never did shear the cotter key the guy that looked at it said it should have been a brass shear pin. I am sure you will find the motor just spinning in the gear. It is not a difficult fix. I had a soft floor and had to replace a good 3/4 of the bedroom floor.

Sudsy
Thanks for the reply, does your bed slide out? In my RV it is just the closet and the dresser. There is access to a metal plate through the bottom of the closet. I can see 4 bolts in it, while I was camping I was afraid to pull them off, and get in over my head. I'm not sure if that those four bolts are just holding a cover plate, or a lot more. Thanks for the tip about the cotter pin, if I get it apart, I will want to have something to put in there at least temporarily. Do you know what company made that slide?
Thanks again.
psdtime is offline   Reply With Quote