View Single Post
Old 09-20-2010, 11:45 PM   #3
JimBob

My pal from the Republic of Texas is correct, had the exact same issue back in February-

We were heading back to Florida from South Carolina after visiting our granddaughter in St Judes in Memphis, when the warning lights and buzzer came on. We stopped, and it reset, but about a half hour later, on they came again. We pulled into a Wal Mart in beautiful Holly Springs, Mississippi, put a call into Coach Net, and they decided to err on the side of caution and ordered a free tow. We had to wait the night for the tow, and woke up the next morning to a four inch snowfall overnight-

Word of personal experience, Coach Net told me the closest dealer at the time, who was in Tupelo, Miss, about 45 miles away, wouldn't take the unit "because we were a motor home, and they didn't do motor homes." My pleas that I was in fact a bus chassis with a box attached fell on deaf ears, so we wound up being towed to a nice dealership in Columbus Mississippi, about 130 miles away.

They immediately diagnosed the problem as a failed brake controller unit, and they had one sent in UPS overnight and fixed it the next day, under full warranty. They stated that they had had lots of problems with the brake controller units in the local school bus fleet, and had replaced most of them in the fleet.

This was the second time, btw, that I have been told in no uncertain terms that International Dealers won't work on motor homes and have been refused service, despite my pleas.

Jim Bob
08 Super Nova Mailbu Chev toad
Currently in winter quarters, St Augustine, Fl
http://jimbobmissbetteandbuster.blogspot.com
JimBob is offline   Reply With Quote