View Single Post
Old 01-08-2019, 11:41 AM   #4
bjcarlin71

No. We've had the coach for almost 5 years and since day 1 I was disappointed with the driving sound. But, having tinkered with car stereos since the 8-track days, it was a given that I'd upgrade somehow. At first I installed a computer sound system with the subwoofer/bass box in the cabinet above the driver seat, and left rights in the front corners. That system used 110ac power so I plugged it into an old inverter which in turn went to a 12volt plug in the center electronics cabinet. On hindsight, the 110ac runs into a 12v adapter so all I needed was the right adapter tip for the bass/power box. Also, the inverter's fan was noisy so I stopped using the sub.

Now, I bought a 4-channel amp and those 4 new speakers. The front speakers are in the upper corners again and the rears, a bit smaller, are attached to the bottom of the outside walls of the back cabinets in the cab. I used a Y-splitter to split the pre-amp outs to 4 channels and I split another set to run to that powered box subwoofer which is sitting on the floor to the left rear of the driver seat.

Next step is to find an adapter to let me run ignition power from the amp to the subwoofer. There are many ways to skin a cat. (What an awful expression. Who came up with that?) All the wires are now in the lower cabinet. Hoping to try it out today. Pink Floyd should be played with some oomph!
bjcarlin71 is offline   Reply With Quote