View Single Post
Old 07-13-2018, 03:58 PM   #16
CaryL

Default 2017/2018 BT Cruiser Radio Specs

For anyone interested in the supplied radio, attached are photos of the top with manufacturer sticker, FC FDA, model S-8960. The wiring specs agree with the previously attached radio manual uploaded.

I could not find anything for "FC FDA" but it is interesting I found a KaiChuang Kc-101 radio that has the exact same face plate as the one installed in the BT Cruiser. The KaiChuang radio appears to be affiliated with BOSION Navigation.

The 20 wires from the plug/harness as well as the 10 separate RCA plugs behind the radio all had individual labels attached. One RCA plug was used for the back camera. I was able to attach cables to AV Out1, RR Out, and RL Out for connecting to a full size TV for future use.

To access the radio, I had to pry out the Ford black dashboard sub panel. I pulled it forward just 4-5 inches before hitting the steering wheel and the limit of all the attached wires. I was able to reach through the hole for the radio and unscrew the 4 screws that hold the radio to the metal frame underlying the dash. Then pulled the radio forward 3 inches to unscrew the 4 side screws that held the black plastic surround that was the adapter and bezel for mounting the radio to the Ford dash. Finally the radio would slide through the hole in the dash.

I am in no hurry to do that again!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3369.JPG (111.2 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3373.JPG (161.2 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3375.JPG (124.6 KB, 12 views)
CaryL is offline   Reply With Quote