View Single Post
Old 12-03-2018, 11:27 AM   #3
SlimTim

Hello Trnelson,

Questions:
1. Is there a technique or tool to remove the current crimps, or do I need to just cut the line and reinstall a new one? (The line itself is fine).

Typically you can use side cutters (aka dikes) to cut the crimp and then remove it. However if you are able to remove the valve from the tube you will need to verify the inside of the tube is not damaged. If there are ridges inside the tube were the old valve was the new valve may not seal correctly. If possible I typically just cut the line.

2. What is the correct straight valve part for replacement?

I am not sure what valve you need so I cant help with this question. However if it is a simple one way check valve you can get this at your local hardware store.

3. What tool is recommended to recrimip the line once the new valve is installed?

The tubing in most (every RV I have looked at) is called "Pex". You can get the Pex crimpers at Home Depot or Lowes or likely any other hardware store that carries Pex tubing. There are a couple different styles of crimps, but as far as I know you just need to make sure the crimper is correct for the crimp style. If you don't want to purchase the crimper you can also purchase pushlock fittings for the Pex tubing. These are simple to use and no crimper is required. You can locate pushlock fittings at your hardware store near the Pex tubing fittings.

4. What is the right crimp part to complete the install?

The style of crimp should not matter as long as it's the correct size for the Pex tubing. (per above you may want to look at the pushlock fittings as this will likely be cheaper than purchasing the crimper and work just as well)

I would recommend taking the valve and the end of the Pex hose to your local hardware store and you can likely find everything you need to fix the problem. The valve may be slightly different size/shape, but the functionality will remain the same.

Good Luck Tim
SlimTim is offline   Reply With Quote