View Single Post
Old 01-24-2019, 09:17 AM   #4
Flower

This month we took a two week trip to Florida with the Vista 19BFD was a comfortable camper to travel with. It towed great behind our 2014 Ram 1500 quad cab with the 5.7 engine, we averaged about 12 mpg. We removed the factory three section mattress for the Murphy bed and replaced with a one piece four inch thick foam mattress with a two inch latex foam pad on top. We cut top bunk in half and use top half for storage, our dog enjoyed top half laying down looking out bunk window. Bottom bunk replaced mattress with a five inch mattress, I enjoyed sleeping and reading in that bunk. The lighting in the camper could not be better the camper is very bright with the many LED lights. We even used the oven a few times, first time we have had a camper with a oven. We stopped at a truck scale on way home, trailer axle weight hitched to truck with a WDH was 3,740 Lbs. We were fully loaded with about 10 gals of fresh water including the 6 gallons in the hot water tank. I was concerned about the 4,000 lb axle in the beginning but I don't think it will be a problem we still had 260 lbs remaining for cargo weight. We are looking forward to another trip when weather gets warmer. Its not the best camper for cold weather.
Flower is offline   Reply With Quote