View Single Post
Old 04-14-2017, 01:14 PM   #4
RayChez1

Default Re: 2007Crescendo newbie questions

I agree with everything Chuck wrote except on the generator. We run our generator in the summer time when temperatures here in southern California get over 105 degrees and I run both air conditioners while driving. No fumes will come into the coach going down the rode at 60 mph. I use the generator many times even if it is just to exercise it. I never have had any problems with my Onan 7500 Quiet diesel.

For the Norcold 1200 LRIM we use propane to keep it going while traveling or dry camping. Has worked great for us. We also have the option of using the inverter, but I hardly ever use the inverter.

The exhaust brake or retarder brake which I have, we use it going down long grades and I also press on the switch while driving on heavy city traffic. Helps to slow you down much quicker and at the same time you preserve your brake shoes.

The two big switches are to turn the power off, one for the chassis and one for the house. I always turn everything off while servicing the wet cell six volt batteries for the house. The two chassis batteries on mine are sealed, so no maintenance is needed except washing them down with water ever two months to keep any kind of corrosion from building up.

As to the leveler pads on mine I do not use any other additional blocking. I have the BigFoot levelers by Quadra and the medal pad it has already is real big and does not need any additional blocking. That deal of adding additional blocking a pain. I used to do that with another coach I used to have because it had the HWH levelers with small leveler pads, but not with the BigFoot. So no blocks in my situation.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote