View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 06:18 PM   #6
RayChez1

Default Re: Have SEVERAL questions before buying a 1996 Sun Voyager

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyJ
I am new to this site and and so glad to find it. I have several questions and hope I am posting to the right place.
This Gulf Stream 1996 Sun Voyager is a one owner with 49,000. It has been garage kept since new. Besides some minor cosmetic issues, the coach drove and sounded good. Thanks in advance for any help you may have.

1) There is an air flow restriction in the A/C duct. There is evidence of mice in the vents and have possible caused the restriction. Do you have to take the roof air off to be able to get to the duct work to clean them out?

2) Does anyone know if the queen size mattress is pretty standard to buy anywhere, or will I have to special order it?

3) Any honest opinions about the Sun Voyager will be appreciated.

I don't know where all these posts get what the asking price is of the coach I don't see on the original post anything about price?
But to answer your question about cleaning the ducts. I am not familiar with the Sun Voyagers, but on my Scenic Cruiser I do believe thay you would have to remove the air conditioners to be able to get to the ducts. I have six ducts in the front and two in the rear, so it might be different from what you are trying to buy.
But if the duct is blocked with a mouse nest? I think I would be a little concerned about the whole coach. But I honestly don't think the duct is blocked. If it is a down draft air conditioner, you have to close the luevers so that it will build up pressure for air to come out of the ducts. And even then the air flow is very limited in my opinion.

OH! I almost forgot about the mattress. There are two size of queen size mattresses. Some coaches come with the 80" long mattress and some have the 74" mattress. So if you are a tall person you might want the longer version.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote