View Single Post
Old 10-14-2010, 07:37 AM   #9
PieEye

I haven?t been on here in a while but figured I would chime in. I just got back from a ~3500 mile trip to Colorado and back. I was pulling my 26" enclosed trailer that we guestimated weighing around 8K pounds. On that way out my 6400 gave up the ghost. Lost power, shuddering and wanting to stall. We pulled over, called Coachnet and since it was the middle of the night they arranged a tow for the next morning. We sat idling in a truck stop overnight and the following morning we decided to try and limp it up the road the 20 miles or so to the dealer instead of waiting for the tow. Truck ran fine. We got to the dealer to find they were closed (Saturday) and wouldn?t be open until Monday morning. Since it was running fine again we pressed on. Made it another 400 miles or so before it happened again. This time letting it cool down didn?t have any effect so it was on the hook to International where they had it for a week. Final diagnosis, two injectors.

Then on the way home it acted up again. This time it felt and sounded like the turbo. It would make that "chuffing" or "farting" sound whenever you put your foot into the pedal and shake violently, wanting to stall. Again we pulled over and called Coachnet, and again it was Saturday afternoon. No one could take it until Monday morning. So, after sitting for about 2 hours we tried going again and this time it ran fine again. We made it the last 1000 miles home without any more problems. I haven?t been able to get it in to be looked at yet but will soon.

Anyone want a good deal on a 6400?
PieEye is offline   Reply With Quote