View Single Post
Old 09-04-2009, 08:14 AM   #3
Texas TC

I will know more next week when the system arrives from California. Right now, it looks like I will get installation during the week of September 14-18. The brochure I downloaded from their website said it will be delivered completely assembled and should be installed within a day. Keeping my fingers crossed this will be a relatively inexpensive solution to all of our ride issues. SW International is really excited to be able to try this application on my coach. They have asked to put a "Air Ride by Southwest International" logo on my coach. I agreed if it were small and matched the decor of the Nova.

One of the benefits to this system is that it has a backup in case of an air leak or air failure. The leaf springs are attached to the air ride component so if air is lost, it simply reverts back to the leaf spring suspension but with the added benefit of the included shock package.

I asked about dislodging the air bags while using the leveling jacks and was told that their are limits built into the system that would keep this from occurring. I have heard of a few Dynamax coaches that have had issues where the airbags have become dislodged when using the jacks. This should not happen with this system.

I am really excited about trying this relatively inexpensive air ride suspension application on the International chassis. I will certainly report the results, good or bad, when the installation is complete. I am going to the Drag Races in Ennis Texas right after the work is complete and then to Arizona to visit the kids the first week in October. The second trip will give me a great opportunity to evaluate the results. The International Manager guaranteed me that if it works on the coach application like it has on some of the other trucks they have installed it on, my wife will be able to sleep comfortably on the rear bed while traveling down the road. (Don't want a discussion on safety issues here but she would love to be able to nap back there from time to time).

Much more information to follow!

2011 Silverado 4x4 Texas Edition Extended Cab (Toad)
Texas TC is offline   Reply With Quote