View Single Post
Old 08-30-2009, 08:50 PM   #14
Nanaeve

Default Rear Shock on International Endura

Well , I bit the bullet and had rear shocks installed, picked the hottest day in a while to do it. The International Dealer in Sacramento did it and took a loooonnnnggggg time, nearly 6 hours, did a neat job, but IMHO took way to long. I'll rethink having them do much on it but can say that the 35 mile ride home was like night and day, really guieted things and bumps down. We'll be going to Nor Cal / So Oregon this week and see what the consensus is but I think it seems to handle better and ride better. I also installed carpet in the drivers area along with sound mat and it helped, going to do the hood and engine compartment tomorrow. I also installed the Garmin 465T GPS along side the back up camera and programmed it in truck mode so time will tell if it saves us from a low clearence or narrow bridge / road. Seems strange after 6 months to finally be going on its Maiden Voyage, but GS hat it tied up for almost 3 1/2 months and it took a lawyer and BBB to get them moving on getting the leaks repaired. The factory FORGOT 6 (SIX) seals in the 2 slideouts and that was the cause of our leaks, we shall see.