View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 08:13 AM   #6
RinconVTR

Default Re: TV mounting in 23BHD Visa

Well, the response from Gulfstream played out to be VERY inaccurate. I replied with my findings and I hope to get a response if I didnt piss the guy off for questioning him. However, I found no plywood between studs OR near the sticker location. I found a stud near the cabinets (too close for me I thought) and a wide solid "thing" which turned out to be a METAL plate following the left edge of the window to the roof. I mounted to this metal plate with 4 screws, and while its solid, I still question it. My dealer has the trailer not and will also research this a bit.

While on the TV topic, I also added a splitter behind and within the area of the microwave and ran the cable under the small table seat to exit very near the current outdoor outlet. This will be for watching TV outside, on the TV mount adhered to the outside. Yeah...it took some guts to do this on a new trailer!

The TV's are 22" JVC DVD combos. 8lbs each. Only 2lbs more than 19" options.

These are "OEM" connections found, AS-IS. Under the Microwave area.

Showing Micro removed and panel cut to add splitter.

Small table seat stoage area, showing OEM outdoor outlet. The new split cable will exit to the right of the outlet.