View Single Post
Old 11-13-2010, 04:54 PM   #6
tinapetel

I had the dealer winterize mine as I had it there for other work, so I have no direct experiencing with my Visa, but I have winterized the previous travel trailer I had.

You have the HW tank drained and the remainder of the plumbing from what I read. The next easy step it to get a blowout fitting to put in where you attach your hose for campsite water supply. These are readily available at RV stores or Walmart for less than $5. Use one of these and blow out your pipes with compressed air. Open each faucet one at at time. including the shower, and flush the toilet. Pour RV antifreeze in the water tank and run your faucets, shower and toilet one at a time until undiluted antifreeze comes out. Pour some antifreeze in your u-traps under the sinks and shower. I am guessing that 2 or 3 gallons will do it, but if I were you I would get 5 gallons while you are at the store. (you can always use the leftover next year) The antifreeze is about $4 or $5 a gallon.

Another suggestion is to ask your dealer how to do it. They probably have already done some like yours.

Good Luck

Pete Collins