View Single Post
Old 10-21-2018, 12:18 PM   #6
bmoj

I have a 2005 Ultra Supreme so the slide outs should be constructed the same. I had a leak in my bedroom slide that I finally figured out (fingers crossed). The outside of your slideout is built like a picture frame with the section with the windows being the picture. The frame around the outside has 45 degree cuts at the corners. If you look at the inside of the frame you should see the 45 degree cuts. They are not a tight fit and have gaps.

On the outside of the slideout the corners are protected by square pieces. These pieces are held on by double sided tape and will deteriorate over time. After much searching I found out that my leak was coming from the 45 degree cut up in the top corner ( only on one side of the slideout). The outside corner piece was loose, so I resealed everything up there and my leak went away.

To see if that is where your leak is coming from, go to the local Dollar store, buy a shower curtain, cut some pieces to cover the suspect corner and see if the leak goes away. If it does, go up there and reseal or seal the corners.

Also look at how the sides and roof are screwed together as the sealant may have come apart. The shower curtain may give you a better idea of where the leak is coming from.
bmoj is offline   Reply With Quote