View Single Post
Old 07-13-2018, 04:41 PM   #17
CaryL

Default Quick Change for Camera Control

Here is what I did to setup control of the backup camera by turning on the parking lights. In the end the back of the radio did not need to be accessed at all. I had to go through the exercise in order to trace the wiring. The actual change was just moving one power tap wire from the backup light to the parking light.

My 2017/2018 BT Cruiser supplied radio had two wires for rear camera operation. One yellow RCA plug out the back of the radio for receiving the video signal from the camera and one brown camera trigger wire in the 20 pin connector plug, in position B3. Both of these wires were run underneath the length of the coach to the passenger side rear brake light / backup light assembly. (the brown radio trigger wire was in turn spliced to a red wire to run the length of the coach).

The rear camera has two wires running to it, a red wire for powering the camera and a black cable for the video signal out.

The passenger side rear brake light / backup light assembly had a yellow wire tap from the backup light going to both the red power wire to the camera and the red trigger wire to the radio.

The only modification needed was to cut the yellow tap wire from the backup light. Then add an extension wire to tap to the green parking light wire that is going into the brake light and tie to the cut yellow wire that feeds both the camera power and the radio trigger wires.

First picture shows existing yellow tap wire coming from the backup light.
Second picture shows the existing yellow wire going to both the red power wire to the camera and the red trigger wire to the radio.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3381.JPG (93.1 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3382.JPG (86.1 KB, 12 views)
CaryL is offline   Reply With Quote