View Single Post
Old 02-09-2007, 08:01 PM   #7
movinsue

Default Customer Service?

I own a 40+ foot diesel pusher quad slide which I purchased "used" with less than 5K miles on it. I attempted to reach GS's Customer Service in Oct 2006 with an "out of warranty" concern. Of course, I left a message with home and cell phone numbers.

When I received no return call, I sent emails via Gulf Stream's own website to both "Service" and "Sales".

I subsequently received a phone reply from Customer Service which, after informing me that I had no warranty privileges as a "second owner", nonetheless promised to followup with answers to my several concerns.

I heard nothing further and phoned again. No return phone call or email. I emailed a second time. No response.

Following that, I researched for a "Name" of someone with presumed accountability within management. That person was [email protected]. Mr Donati had been quoted in a recently-published article that it was Gulf Stream's intention to try to retain existing owners of their products for future business. I found that to be ironic and included Mr Donati's quote in my email to him, along with copies of previous unanswered correspondence.

One month later, I received a belated reply from Mr Donati which was essentially "canned" and dismissive.

I followed up his reply with a final attempt to get a focused reply to my concerns. Another month has gone by without a peep from Mr Donati.

This narrative of my experience speaks for itself. It is not necessary to interpret for the reader whether Gulf Stream is committed to post-sale Customer Service. I will not deal with Gulf Stream in the future and, when asked, will relate my negative experience.
movinsue is offline   Reply With Quote