Thread: 110 volts
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2018, 12:43 PM   #24
bmoj

I'm no electrician but........

The 120v MH wiring is the same as your house wiring. The power comes into your main breaker which allows the current to flow down through the buss bar to the breakers. From the breakers the black wire goes to the outlet/switch and back to the breaker panel to a terminal strip marked "Common"

I have a 2005 Ultrasupreme Class A and is wired with roadside plugs, curbside plugs, microwave, AC, and ground fault. Yours is probably the same.

My problem started last year at this time when I couldn't get my air conditioner switch to work. After testing with a multi-meter I discovered I had a bad connection at the common. When I took the cover off the breaker panel, the last 4" of all the common wires were burnt to a crisp and the stranded wire turned to dust. I went through and spliced in new wires and that solved my problem.

So, 3 weeks ago I lost my microwave. I used an extension cord from a working plug to test it and the microwave worked. So it was back to the breaker panel. Again all the wires were burnt. When I spliced them the last time I used Marretts. The packaging said they were good to 221F and the microwave Marrett had a hole burnt in it! I replaced the wire and the microwave is good again. About a week later I lost all my roadside plugs. Back to the breaker panel and I had to splice in a new piece of wire.

Long story short, here it is Dec 30 2018 and I'm Las Vegas. My son the electrician is flying in today and will bring some of his testing equipment with him. I have a problem with the common connection that needs to be resolved. It is beyond my area of knowledge and I don't have the testing equipment to trace the problem. I will have to resplice all the wires once I find out what my problem is.

So Scrooge517, look in your breaker panel (turn off the power first) and make sure your common wires are good. Make sure the connections at the terminal strip are tight. If they are loose, your plugs will not work.
bmoj is offline   Reply With Quote