View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 09:08 PM   #10
Nanaeve

Default Spare Tire

When we looked at buying our Endura/ International RV, The 2009 one " 5 weeks at the repair place"and only 7 weeks old because it leaks like a sieve,(But I'm not bitter, no I not) I noticed the option for a spare on the Kodak chassis, not for the International, with 19.5 wheels not 22.5. I too like the idea of a spare and believe the area in front of the hitch on the International would be a good place. My 2003 Dodge PU has oversized tires and has a hand-winch setup that I think would work for raising/ lowering the tire but I had the thought that a skateboard type setup would make the moving from under the coach and around the unit much eaiser. Maybe designing it into the brace for mounting it under the unit would be a way to go. with a removeable "T" handle to push/pull it along, now the engineer part of me is racing. I'm thinking a rear mount might work also, so many ideas, just wish I had my unit back from repair / GS to be able to use it and play