View Single Post
Old 08-07-2019, 05:03 PM   #13
Chuck v

OK Bill,

Your fridge is not a 2-way then and ONLY runs on AC voltage (which you can confirm in the manual specifications page...) This means that the AC must be present, either from the shore power (primary source) or the generator (secondary source) or in emergencies from the inverter (limited duration third possible source of AC.)

I suspect that your house batteries are mostly depleted each time you start your generator and that is why the engine must be running for a period of time to bring the up so the generator will start. Try turning the inverter to OFF on the control panel and verify that the AC output power on light in the top middle of the panel is not lit. This should allow a charge to remain in your house batteries overnight so the generator can be started without first starting the coach motor.

I see from the last photo above you found the location of the Heart Inverter -- can you trace back the heavy cables to see which battery bank powers this inverter? Where in the coach is the inverter located? (If it is not near the house or chassis batteries, I suspect that there is another bank of batteries you have yet to find.) Note that the inverter can draw up to a continuous 200+ amps from the battery powering it, so it is definitely not the way you want to run the refrigerator for many hours, let alone days.

When the system is running on either the generator or the shore power, you can look at the inverter front indicators (not the control panel) to see roughly how much current is being placed back into the bank -- over 30 amps, 20 to 30, amps, or 10 to 20 amps depending on the LED color showing... You cannot directly read how much current is being taking out of the bank when the inverter is making 120 volts AC for the appliance loads when the generator or shore power is not present however. Most later model inverters do allow for this draw current to be metered.

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote