View Single Post
Old 08-11-2019, 08:45 PM   #3
CapsFanChris

Quote:
Originally Posted by megafun View Post
I specifically wanted to know if anyone uses the back bumper to carry bikes. It certainly looks to be a different bumper than most TT. Unfortunately kind of wimpy. Concerns, experiences? What alternative solution do you use if not the back bumper?
I am guessing from your description that you have a c channel rear bumper like my 19rgu does. I wish they had gone with a 4" square like most bigger rigs have as they are way more versatile. Your best bet is a universal frame mount receiver that mounts underneath. Then just add an RV approved hitch rack (rv approved racks usually don't have tilts or anything and remain stable on the back of a trailer that bounces around way more than the back of the car.) Personally I prefer the bike racks that go on the front of the rig. They make one that goes on the tongue lift tower and also make units that go above your propane tanks. You could also have the dealer upgrade your bumper to a 4" square. Then you can store your sewer hose in there too if you buy some end caps.
CapsFanChris is offline   Reply With Quote