View Single Post
Old 02-24-2014, 08:44 PM   #2
RayChez1

Default Re: Buying a 2004 SunVoyager 8378 gas

I believe Sun Voyager is the top of the gasoline motorhomes from Gulf Stream. But would be down towards the bottom on the diesels. They used to manufacture also a diesel Sun Voyager. I belong to a Gulf Stream coach club and I do not here many complaints on the Voyager. Not saying you will get the perfect coach because nobody does, but it is right up there with any other gasoline motorhome. The chassis are all the same on gasoline motorhomes. It is either a F-53 Ford Chassis or a Workhorse which would have a General Motor engine. Not sure about the transmissions though.

If you and your wife like the floor plan, that is the most important thing on gasoline coaches. Check everything on it to see if they work properly. Slides, levelers. Check to see if it has air lifts on the rear and even on the front. On the rear they really help to lift the rear end up when fully loaded giving more stability. Check the tires to see if the stamped date on them is not more then five years. Tires on motorhomes are usually changed every five to six years before they start cracking or checking on the side walls.

Good luck, and go out and enjoy camping.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote