Thread: Batteries
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2019, 10:02 AM   #30
Chuck v

The battery charge indicator in the status panel on my coach that contains the tank level indicators and the propane level only shows the state of the house batteries. The inverter battery charge indicator is on a separate panel in the overhead entertainment equipment cabinet next to the front TV. I did not have a charge indication of any kind for the chassis batteries...

If you left the inverter on last May and you have a load that is always present like a residential refrigerator then the inverter/generator start batteries would certainly be dead by now. Look at the level of electrolyte in those cart batteries as they are a bit difficult to fill in that under windshield location and probably did not get regular maintenance service from the prior owner. I put a set of watering caps on mine with the squeeze bulb pump to make it easier to fill and check using the fill indicator on each cap. Did the same for the house batteries since the basement bay was not that much easier to check electrolyte level there as well.

A good plan with a new-to-you used coach is to replace all the batteries now so you KNOW their age and condition and begin a regular maintenance schedule at that point.

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote