View Single Post
Old 10-27-2019, 10:25 AM   #2
ezdriver

I don't know if this will "restore" the finish, but I'll tell you how I maintain the "nose cone" as I call it, the front cap on my BT Cruiser, and it is still in good condition after 12 years.
First clean it thoroughly, using the bug remover spray where necessary.
After it's dry, I spray on and wipe off with a buffing motion the "303" Protectant Spray. This spray is made by Gold Eagle, you may have seen it on the self in an RV store. Be sure you get the "303 PROTECTANT", not the wax or cleaner. It's labelled as "303 Aerospace Protectant Spray" at Campingworld. I use it on all exterior fiberglass and plastic surfaces.
"303" does not make it shine, it gives it a soft glow, and helps prevent much of the chalky residue on the windshield. Don't worry if it looks streaked after applying, the streaks will be gone in a day.
I use the "303" after every washing, which is before and after each long trip we take, maybe 3 or 4 long trips per year.
If it's really in bad shape, give it another coat of "303" after a couple of days. I think this will "restore" the fiberglass finish to some extent. The directions say "Extra buffing with a dry cloth INCREASES bonding, repellency & longevity." At least it's a low cost attempt without having to resort to paint or new gel-coat.
I hope this helps, and let this forum know your results.
ezdriver is offline   Reply With Quote