View Single Post
Old 04-26-2019, 04:26 PM   #7
PaulMears

I ran a 10 ga hot wire from a new fuse in the DC distribution panel under the bed, under the lavatory base, down through the floor next to the factory DC wire bundle, across the top of the water storage tanks, up through the furnace floor, under the fridge, before I got to JC Refrigeration in Shipshewana, IN.

I stayed in an RV park next to a motel, right in town, 1 mile from JC Refrigeration. I could have boon docked at the factory, but with 20 degrees projected, I wanted to be hooked up.

JR and his son did a beautiful job in 2 hours, plus 1 hour for check out and test.

They installed a 12 VDC only cooling unit replacement for my side-side Dometic. In three hours I departed with a cold refrigerator, frozen freezer, and no more level to operate.

These are top professionals who are confident in their technology. They provide Norcold and Dometic cooling units, in either absorption, 12 VDC, or 120 VAC technologies.

They provide a 3 year warranty and I can buy 3 more years for $75 from their website. Just search for jr-refrigeration on the web. Or, call and talk to JR.

This is a neet little town with the biggest flea/antique market in the mid-west going on from May till Oct.

About boon docking with a 12 VDC fridge. It draws 6 amps, when operating. A 100 Watt PV battery charger will eliminate any negative discharge and provide me with more propane for hot water and stove. I thought that was a good trade off.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. I will update as appropriate.
PaulMears is offline   Reply With Quote