View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 08:21 AM   #8
gsadmin

That sounds so ridiculous you have no idea.

Actually, that may even account for some of the repair issues some dealers have been known to cause/not address. I know if I was faced with a phone call, then a wait, then a verbal direction on how wiring or plumbing was run, most times i would try and wing-it first.

I have found that both Winnebago and C-Ya have diagrams available from their websites for just about all models, inexpensive to luxury. You (and others) really should go to the Winnebago site and see what I am talking about. I am not saying it has to be as fancy as theirs, but something.

What is your opinion as to why some compaines choose to do the right thing and make this available while others do not? Is it simply that those that have the proper engineering staff and documentation make it available and those that don't decry "competitive reasons".

Ultimately, in the 21st century, to think that a $100K coach with so many systems is being repaired by "authorized dealers" and they are not given that level of detail is one of the most ludicrous things I have ever heard!

Please don't take that as a stab at you RV Wizard, I am sure that you are a fine RV Tech, but my point is that it is obvious that everyone would be served better if that level of docs were released.
- Converted batteries to 4x6V from 2x12V
- Added Bully air-horn
- Added Safe-T-Steer

SLC, UT
gsadmin is offline   Reply With Quote