View Single Post
Old 04-11-2019, 08:02 PM   #8
Microguy

Thanks, but beat you to it. I used the link you posted in another thread and just purchased it. I think the one in there as good, but might as well replace it and start fresh, and keep the old one as an emergency spare. Thanks for that link.

I also used GeorgeV's two pdf files (HUGE help) to identify the isolater electronics. got that ordered too. I believe thats (part of) the problem.

But i think im going solid state. This system bugs me.

Under normal conditions, I guess it works. Truck charges truck battery when engine running, when battery is charged, relay kicks in and charges house battery. On shore power, power converter charges house battery. When emergency start is pressed, relay kicks in, connects both batteries and you can start the truck off the house battery.

Or...... if youre on shore power and you start the truck, youre basically connecting everything to everything else. Both chargers charging both batteries, then that relay kicks in an both systems are connected together. (or when its running and the emergency start is pressed).

I need to look into it more, but Im going to try a solid state version.

(Unless Im missing something)
Microguy is offline   Reply With Quote