View Single Post
Old 04-18-2019, 06:07 PM   #6
jim39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack View Post
We have a 2008 GS Yellowstone 8358, with two old school CRT TV's. Want to change them out to flat screen LED's. We dry camp mostly and don't want run the generator to watch TV. Trying to determine which is best/easiest for the conversion: 12v DC or 120v AC LED TV's powered by an inverter.

Questions:
  1. Which way on the new TV's: 12v DC or 120v AC on inverter circuit?
    • Brand/model recommendation?
  2. If 120v, any idea how difficult it is to put the TV receptacle circuits on to the inverter? Are they dedicated from the factory?
  3. Lastly, I don't have an inverter now. Recommendations on brand to choose. I'll size it according to the demand once I know which direction I'm headed.

Thank you for any tips you might have.
We bought an Element 21" LED TV from Walmart that runs on 12 volts and we also dry camp. It uses only a couple of amps and our solar panel always keep up with our usage. For inverters, almost all are efficient. We had a cheapie inverter on our old TV and it did cause noise problems through the sound system. So, just be able to return the inverter if it does not seem to be doing the job. Try to keep it as small as possible that will do the job. Bigger ones have bigger fans and can be irritating.
jim39 is offline   Reply With Quote